Lush greenery, flowing waters, abundant wildlife — Ocala, Florida is a travel lovers paradise. If you are choosing to take a trip to this popular destination, you are likely looking for the best activities for you and your family to enjoy. Fortunately, there are attractions for every type of traveler. The following are some of the best things to do in Ocala during your trip.
- Zip Lining: Adventure seekers, listen close. Ocala is home to some of the best zip lining parks in Florida. Get ready to sail through the canyons while taking in the gorgeous forest views. You’ll be so excited, you’ll want to do it again.
- Horse Farms: Ocala is also home to an abundance of horse farms and ranches.
If you are looking to get to know the local animals, sign up to spend a day at one of these farms. Guided tours are also available to learn about the history and operation of the ranch.
- Museums: This area has a rich history commemorated by various museums. If you are looking to take a quiet day to learn about Ocala’s past residents, take a walk through the Appleton Museum of Art of the Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing, just to name a couple.
- Kayak Tours: Quietly cruise through the water to get to know Ocala’s streams and rivers on a more intimate level. Not only will you observe the plant life growing along the banks,
but you may also notice birds and other animals skirting about. Kayak tours are a great option to learn about the area from an expert, but you can also rent on your own.
- Cabin Stays: For a rustic accommodation experience, try booking a cabin at Silver Springs State Park or one of the other area parks. This will let you sleep and spend your days closer to nature. Set off to view some attractions during the day and know that your cabin will be there to come back to.
By choosing a trip to Ocala, you are giving yourself and your family a rich travel experience. From adventures in nature to quiet walks through museums, there are seemingly endless attraction possibilities for every type of traveler. We’ll see you soon!