Clearwater, Florida is a great place to spend a vacation. As you look through condo rentals and vacation houses, don’t forget to plan what you’re going to do on your epic vacation. Here are nine things that everyone should do when they visit the area.
- Spend time on Clearwater beach. Clearwater Beach is famous as one of the best beaches in all of Florida. The sand is warm and gorgeous and the water especially friendly for kids. The fishing is good, too. While there are plenty of other things to do in Clearwater, nobody should come to the area without spending a little time at Clearwater Beach.
- Visit The world-famous marine aquarium. When people look out the windows of their condo rentals and see the rain pouring down, it’s easy to think there’s nothing to do if they can’t go to the beach. Now you and your family know better. The Clearwater Marine Aquarium is justly famous for its vast array of undersea wildlife. The aquarium’s interactive experience will let you touch the stingrays, and even pelicans, and your kids can learn all about how marine animals are rehabilitated at the marine hospital.
- Taken in a show at Ruth Eckerd Hall. Clearwater isn’t just beaches and sun. The Ruth Eckerd Hall is an important performing arts venue that frequently offers dance recitals, Broadway plays, and orchestral entertainment. It’s an amazing performance venue that ranks in the top 10 nationwide.
- Get out of those condo rentals and go snorkeling. If you have ever taken your kids on vacation before only to find yourselves staying in the vacation rental because everyone’s bored of the beach, maybe it’s time to branch out. Head over to Indian Rocks Beach to see some of the most beautiful beaches on the whole Gulf of Mexico. You can take the whole family snorkeling and they’ll never forget the experience.
- Try some new cuisine. One of the biggest reasons that people like to stay in condo rentals is the freedom to cook for themselves. In fact, 71% of families said that the ability to cook their own meals was one of the biggest reasons for choosing any particular beach vacation home. But that doesn’t mean you can’t ever go out. When you are ready to take the kids for a special meal, introduce them to some real Mexican cuisine in the East Gateway District. End the night of cultural dining with Mexican ice cream at Feria de la Nieve.
- Book Beach House Sundays at Shephard’s Beach Resort. The premier entertainment resort in all of Florida, and possibly the nation, is Shephard’s Beach resort on Tiki Beach. The best live local entertainment performs here as well as incredible national and even international performers. This might not be the place to take the kids, but for those traveling without them (or who can arrange a babysitter at one of the condo rentals) there’s excellent adult fun to be had at this local favorite hangout.
- Catch a free movie with the kids. Take advantage of Clearwater’s amazing weather by visiting the Sunset Cinema at Pier 60. All you need to do is bring some blankets or lawn chairs. Check the schedule in advance to find out what’s playing and when the free events are held.
- Go dolphin watching. Do something you’ll always remember and book a boat to take you out and see dolphins in the wild. There are several tours available in the area that are more than just dolphin watching: they are educational experiences where your kids will learn all about dolphins and other marine wildlife in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Hunt for shells at Sand Key Park. Looking to get out of one those condo rentals without spending too much money? One of the quieter beaches in Clearwater’s Sand Key Park. There’s plenty of shade, picnic areas, and tons of shells for the kids to hunt through. Just be sure to bring some buckets so they can take back all their treasures.
Clearwater is a great place for a family vacation, a romantic getaway, or a holiday with friends. Choose the right beach house rental for your group and then get out there and have some fun in the sun.